Architect: Niall McLaughlin

Silvertown
Evelyn Road, London E16

£173,250
(a 45% share) Leasehold

Under offer

A great opportunity to purchase a large two-bedroom shared-ownership apartment in this outstanding Docklands building designed by Niall McLaughlin Architects. Completed in 2005, McLaughlin’s much-heralded Silvertown development was the recipient of both a Civic Trust award and a RIBA award in recognition of its architectural merit.

The flat is located on the top floor, and measures approximately 828 sqft internally. There are two bedrooms, a bathroom, and a large open-plan reception / kitchen on the south side of the building, with access to a private south west-facing balcony.

The building contains a total of 12 flats across three levels, and is characterised by its beautiful, ever-shifting façade. The architects collaborated with the light artist Martin Richman, who suggested using ultraviolet Dichroic panels, which produce an extraordinary rainbow of colour.

Offered for sale is a 45% share of the flat for a price no lower than £173,250. The remaining 55% share is owned by the Peabody Trust, which currently charges a subsidised rent of £356.94 per month. The new owner has the opportunity to purchase the remainder from Peabody should they wish, either immediately or at a future date.

Evelyn Road is located between Royal Victoria Dock and the River Thames. West Silvertown DLR station is a short walk away. The interchange with the Jubilee Line on the Underground is just two stops away at Canning Town, and there are regular services to Bank. London City Airport is two stops to the east.

45% share
Rent: approx. £356.94 per calendar month
Service charge: approx. £162.26 per calendar month
Lease Length: approx. 125 years from 2005

To be eligible for shared ownership:

You have a gross household income of no more than £90,000 per annum.
You do not already own a home or you will have sold your current home before you purchase or rent.

Please note that all areas, measurements and distances given in these particulars are approximate and rounded. The text, photographs and floor plans are for general guidance only. The Modern House has not tested any services, appliances or specific fittings — prospective purchasers are advised to inspect the property themselves. All fixtures, fittings and furniture not specifically itemised within these particulars are deemed removable by the vendor.


Recently Viewed